TIME: 12:30 PM Local

NARRATIVE (edited for content): “We were out boating, me, my sons.  It was four days before
my husband’s birthday, I will never forget the date. We were heading towards the mouth of the
river, to go see the boys who were rescued the night before. (Witness’ sons had be involved in
a rescue effort to recover a family of eight that was stranded along the river after their boat ran
aground.)  After the all-night rescue, my boys and I were heading back to the cabin where they
were dropped off.

On our way, we saw three big black creatures standing by Ruth Hill. These were big black giant
figures standing by the big hill, moving around, walking around for about an hour, watching us
move with our boat. The three were standing, walking about the same area, by the hill, looks
like they were using this hill for shelter.  …They were hanging around the same area. These
three watched us for about an hour, before we reached the cabin.

Six hours later, after we spent the afternoon with the boys at cabin, on our way back to our cabin
on the Meade River, the three creatures were gone. I think they went inside the big hill. I exactly
know where this hill is at.

As we were passing the hill and the three big creatures, I kept asking my (names deleted) and
(name deleted), ‘Do you see what I'm seeing?’  I waved at them, as I stood on the boat seat.
They just stared at us, doing nothing but walking in circles like.

…  We got home four days later, to celebrate my husband’s birthday.  I didn’t think of this
being anything, till 2012. That’s when it finally dawned on me, we saw three big black creatures.

I took pictures, the pictures turned out blurry. They were about a mile away from the edge of
the river.”

INVESTIGATIVE NOTES: The witness contacted Sasquatch Tracker via email. The Meade River
area of Alaska is a wetlands area with tens of thousands of small lakes and ponds.  Coincidently,
this is the second report from the Meade River area.  Both sightings happened during
FILE 2012/01/S: Sighting by Group of Hunters

NARRATIVE (edited for content):  "... We were standing outside (of a cabin) facing the lake.  A
half mile (away) we saw a herd of caribou, arriving easterly.  I suddenly saw a big bear like first
chase a tuttu (caribou).  I remarked happily, 'Oh look that little tuttu is being chased'.  J. (name
deleted for privacy) responded after he veered over with his binocular(s) and looked at what I
saw.  He said that's not a lil' tuttu, that's a bull caribou...  Then he shouts out, 'Holy cow, that's a
real big man'.  It was on two feet, his long gray arm was sweeping as the zig-zagging tuttu was
eluding .  This tuttu turned aside and jumped 40 ft into the air and jump(ed) into a lake and furry
arm swinging as he walked upright.  This was a 9 foot to 10 foot giant walking back to a top hill.  
There J. saw another man, tall and all fur, summon the first one back.  With no luck the man
walked westerly.  His arms swinging.  I ask(ed) J., 'What's he doing?'.  He says his arms swing
like that Bigfoot Beast.  In one minute, I saw no caribou."  

(Witness goes on to describe damage at the cabin; meat rack taken down by wind or a bear and
scattered caribou legs and geese feathers.)  

"... I was puzzled some meat eater left them as I looked at those legs (tuttus).  I started tripping
and I look down .  What made these holes was a footprint, two circles on each side and in the
center was claws, 2 sets pointed downward.  I cannot forget them claws.  The imprint weight was
maybe 1200 lbs., a bear about 600 lbs make a track imprint 3 inches on a track.  This imprint I
saw was about deep as a salad bowl about 6 inches into a solid frozen beach.  And it's still there.  
On my finding, I meant not to tell E. (name deleted for privacy) and J. about the rack's
destroyer.  I just assumed another bear to hunt down.  On Tuesday I was wrong and what we
saw made this puzzle to answer our question.  The few things I saw was a(n) old caribou head,
the jaw on a (the) bottom was gone and it had been licked often.  Near what was an opening
shrub, were feather(s)  and like a circle it or something sat there and ate these caribou.  Fresh?  
Yes about 1 or 2 day old track.  Fresh broken rack.  All this told me it was not a bear.  The next
day was Wednesday.  We took our boat towards that area and saw nothing.

(Witness tells about number of caribou in the area and how they returned with no meat.)

"... No I want to go back , not to get it, but maybe feed him.  I believe these two came to bury
their dead.  They gracefully walked to the next hill westward toward Barrow, Alaska.  The end."

INVESTIGATIVE NOTES: This report was forwarded to Sasquatch Tracker by Sasquatch Tracker
associate Robert Alley.  Included were hand drawn maps of the area showing the locations of the
sightings, location of cabin and the destroyed meat rack.  Also included was a drawing of layout
of where the impressions were discovered with the claw marks.  The witness also made a
silhouette drawing of the subject and gave the overall height as 9-10 feet.  Shoulder width was
estimated to be 3 feet 7 inches to 3 feet 8 inches wide.  Arm length (shoulder to end of hand)
was estimated to be 3 feet 8 inches to 3 feet 10 inches.  Witness said the measurements are off,
but that the arms (hands)  were close to the knee.  Subject said it was black in color and as it got
closer, it turned to a darkish brown with black patches.  There was almost no neck but it had an
upright head.
FILE 2013/03/T: Tracks Discovered by Bear Hunters
accomplished bear hunter and have developed a knack for judging bear size by looking at
tracks.  At first I was confused because this was unlike any bear track I had ever seen before.  
probably a Bigfoot track.  My sons both agreed.  We made a mental note of where the track was
so we could study it further on our way back to our truck.  We then went on up the trail to our
bait station to check if it had been hit on.  The bait station was just as we had left it a few days
prior, so we just added the additional bait we were carrying and turned around to make our way
back to the truck.  When we came to the spot where we had found the track, we decided to look
around for other tracks.  About 25 feet down the hill and across the trail, we found another
track.  (Investigator's note: the section of trail in the vicinity of the track is sloped at
approximately 35 degrees.)  This track was larger than the first one we found.  We started
getting excited and continued to search the area.  We found another track about a yard away.  
This track was the same size.  Both tracks were going the same way so we figured that they were
impromptu tracking stick from a tree branch and marked the distance from toe to toe of the
tracks and used the stick to try to locate other tracks.  I didn't have any luck so my sons and I
decided to try to walk the same direction that the tracks were pointing to see if we could pick up
the trail further on.  We walked back into the trees for about 15 yards or so and found nothing.  
We hadn't gone too far into the trees, but the way the trees were growing there prevented us
from going any further if that makes any sense?  Anyway, on the way back, my oldest son found
another track.  This track was in some dirt from an ant hill.  He called me over and I took a look.  It
was the same size as the two other larger tracks we had found minutes before.  It was hard to
figure out which way the track was heading and we did look for some other tracks near the ant
hill but didn't find any."

INVESTIGATIVE SUMMARY: The small, single track discovered on the trail was 4 inches wide
by 10 inches long.  The depth of the impression at the time of the investigation was 1/4 of an
inch uniformly.  The track showed four and possibly five toes of the left foot.  The track had
depreciated enough that what would have been assumed as little toes could not be positively
determined.  The track was positioned on the southeast side of the trail and had the appearance
that the subject was traveling in a northeastern direction.  No other tracks were found that were
associated with the smaller track.

The first of the larger tracks was found among a patch of low bush cranberry.  The second track
was found 36 inches away as was reported by the witness.  Both tracks were 6 inches wide and
15 and 1/4 inches in length.  Depth of impression at the time of the investigation was 3/4 of an
inch on average.  The lack of depth was attributed to the low bush cranberry.  The track
discovered on the ant hill was of the same dimensions as the first two.  However, the track on
the ant hill had depreciated to the point where the toes could not be determined and thus the
direction of travel is unknown.

In conclusion, the smaller track was obviously made by a different subject than the one(s) who
made larger set of tracks.  Based upon this, and the track on the ant hill, it is evident that two
separate subjects with the possibility of a third had traveled through the area.  The surrounding
area is filled with black spruce, willow, alder and birch.  Ground covering consists of low bush
cranberry and well established sphagnum moss.  
FILE 2004/06/S:  Sighting by Travelers
Pontiac Bonneville, from Anchorage to my father’s house in Willow, Alaska, staying there for
the night. We were planning on an early start through the Yukon toward Haines and the
Ketchikan ferrythe next morning. Dad’s last advice the night before was, ‘Watch out for those
early storms in the Yukon/BC mountains.’ We got going at 6:00 AM the next day, and by
evening we had passed through Haines Junction, Yukon as a snow-storm hit us. We slowed to
about 15mph because the visibility at times was less than a hundred feet. Even so, at the
height of land near Summit Mountain, we slipped off to the right on a right uphill curve. We
had seen no other traffic all night going either way, and had to try digging out. It was dark,
but we kept the car running and by the headlights and occasional moonlight we would dig
out, move a few yards uphill, then slide off again. This happened over and over for hours. It
was sometime around 2:00 AM when Witness #2 called out and I noticed a dark manlike The
bluff was a 20 foot cliff facing the highway with the round height of land just behind it. The but
we could see it clearly enough to know it was not a bear. It just stood watching us, standing in
the snow about twenty feet above us, not moving or making any noise. I have no idea how
long it had been there watching us.  Witness #2 ran to the car, and before I could react,
grabbed a machete that we kept as a tool in the car ran to the edge of the road and started
waving it and screaming at the creature, trying to scare it off.

After watching Witness #2’s actions for only a few seconds, it turned to its right and I watched
it walk away in the snow along the top of the bluff for about fifty feet before disappearing
over the flat summit. We talked about what it could have been for a minute or two, then we
got back to work digging. The snow was not coming down right at the time and we were
making headway when, about five minutes later, another figure appeared, much taller than
the first. I would estimate the second creature to have been about nine feet tall and heavily
built, with shoulders that looked three to three and a half feet wide. It was dark-colored like
the first and there was a breeze that was blowing its hair on the arms… the hair looked to be
about eight to ten inches long where I could see it blowing to the side. The creature was
facing directly towards us and was bobbing up and down, in a way that, to me, looked
menacing, kind of like going from a crouch with hands close to the bent knees, then
straightening up and down again. At no time did I see either of the creatures go down on all
fours, and at this point I could see the whole body of the big one right down to where the
snow came to just below its knees. I would best describe it as like a football linebacker
bobbing up and down before blitzing. I got a distinctly uneasy feeling, and before I knew it,
Witness #2 was going for the machete again and was starting in on his “scare-it-off” thing. I
took one more look at the creature and called to Witness #2: “Get in the car, now!”
He looked at me a moment and then got right into the car and we locked the doors. He was
still holding the machete. I looked over and the big one was still looking at us, crouching and
bobbing up on the bluff. Witness #2 was extremely upset and was talking about having to
defend ourselves. I just said to him, “Look, there’s no point in getting all worked up the way
things are. We might just as well sit tight and try to relax. If that thing wanted to, it could
easily just walk down here and rip the roof right of the car. Let’s just settle down, don’t even
look at it, and maybe it’ll calm down and go away.”  

“I reassured him as best I could and hunkered down behind the wheel. Witness #2 was
curled up in the back. I remember saying a prayer for us. I did look back out once briefly
about five or ten minutes later, I’m not exactly sure how many minutes, but I do remember
when I looked a last time, it was gone.”

“After what must have been at least an hour in the car, we got back out and didn’t hear or see
anything. We had been digging for only a few minutes when lights came up the highway
behind us, slowed and, just like us, slid off to the right. It was a small red truck, two-wheel
drive, driven by a little older woman with white hair. We were just getting her unstuck when a
snowplow came up behind her, driven by an American who, I believe was contracted to plow
through to the Haines, Alaska side. He seemed to know the lady, because he said, “(Driver’s
name of other vehicle), you know you shouldn’t be out here in weather like this...” We saw
her get up over the top of the highway and off down the other side, and the plow driver used
his blade to clear away all the snow on the stuck side and got us out too.”

“We made it down to Haines safely about forty-five minutes later, in time for a breakfast at a
cafe` and the early ferry. I had told Witness #2 we didn’t want to be slowed down by talking
about any of the events; I just wanted to eat without any delays and make the ferry. But one
thing did happen that gave me a bit of the chills. In a corner of the café, about three booths
away there was a group of older men having coffee and talking. I could hear their
conversation and I heard them mentioning Sasquatches. One of them commented to the
effect, “yeah, they’re around… a couple was just talking about seeing some of those critters
up on top recently…” (Investigator’s Note: The term “on top” possibly refers to being on or
near the summit of the Haines Highway.)

“We made it home on the ferry safely, and that is my experience. Witness #2 has moved
away and we don’t keep in touch. Going over the sighting, I did not make out really clear
details of the faces but will say that these were not bears of any kind. The legs, arms and hair
on both were too long, there were no ears sticking up on the top of the head, and they were
wide–shouldered with the heads set low on the shoulders. The total time I watched the first
smaller creature was approximately thirty seconds. The larger creature stayed in view for
about ten minutes. The details of the creatures as I remember them are accurate to the best of
my ability, although the estimates of distances might be a few yards off, and the heights may
vary by a few inches.”

INVESTIGATIVE SUMMARY: This report is courtesy of J. Robert Alley, Sasquatch Tracker
Associate, Southeast Alaska Region.  The two men involved had purchased a new vehicle in
Anchorage, AK and had visited Witness #1’s father in Willow, AK before departing for the
Alaska Marine Highway ferry at Haines, AK at 0600 on October 29, 2008.  Once aboard the
ferry, they would make their way back to their homes in Ketchikan, AK.  For those unfamiliar
with the road system in Alaska, driving from the interior region of Alaska to the southeastern
region of Alaska involves driving partially through the Yukon Territory and the northern part
of British Columbia, reentering the United States and then heading south via the ferry from
Haines, AK.  

Witness #1 did not specify if the second Sasquatch appeared in the same place as the first

Witness #1 made a reference to the BC mountains meaning he and the other witness had
already driven the portion of the highway that passes through the Yukon and were in the
northern section of British Columbia within a few miles of the United States – Canada
International Border which is approximately 40 miles north of Haines, AK.

After recounting the encounter with Alley, Witness #1added, “Although neither of the
creatures made any sounds that I could hear and we didn’t go looking for tracks, I would say,
having seen various TV documentaries on Sasquatches, that on October 30, 2008 I definitely
observed two Sasquatches beside the Haines Highway near the summit west of the highway
north of Haines, Alaska and south of the Yukon.” Witness #1 has a signed affidavit testifying
to the details of his encounter on file with Alley in Ketchikan, AK.
FILE 10-01, Possible Sighting While on Denali Park Bus Tour
2010/01/S - Denali Park, AK
…”When we were winding down a particular turn, I thought I saw something
make out what it was.  To me it looked like a hiker wearing all black from head to toe.  This
wasn't really feasible since hiking was prohibited on this stretch of the park, so I figured I was
just seeing it wrong and that it might actually be a moose.  We were heading lower toward
where it was, so I waited before calling it out to the (bus) driver.

Once we got down lower, I caught a second glimpse of it.  The depth perception is hard to
determine in the vast scenery, but I did realize that whatever it was, it was much, much larger
than a person.  At this point it looked to be covered in thick black fur and it was moving away
from us over a ridge.  I yelled out to the (bus) driver that I had a spotting, but as I was
explaining where to look, the thing disappeared over the ridge.  One other person said they
thought they saw something as well, but I did feel kind (of) dumb at calling out something
that nobody else really got a look at."

INVESTIGATIVE SUMMARY:  The narrative has been edited for length.  The witness
contacted Sasquatch Tracker via email on 05AUG11.  The witness stated that his/her vision
had been corrected via laser eye surgery and is 20/20.  The witness was prompted to report
the sighting after watching a television program with a friend that featured Sasquatch. The
witness expressed that after hearing physical descriptions of Sasquatch on the television
program, that the descriptions given matched the physical descriptions of the possible
Sasquatch witnessed during the bus tour.  The witness also mentioned that several of the
reports posted to www.sasquatchtracker.com further supported the claim.  

The witness further stated that he/she had …”always pictured Sasquatch as the brown haired
"Harry and the Hendersons" image that is popularly depicted.  It definitely made me think
back on what I saw in Alaska.  Now I'm not typically the type of person to believe in sightings
of what I consider urban myths - I don't believe in UFOs, ghosts, aliens, or the Loch Ness
monster.  Sasquatch used to be on that list too.  However, upon seeing that program and
reading your website, I feel a little more inclined to believe there's some credibility to this.  I
know it's nothing concrete, just a glimpse of something unusual from a distance.  However,
the similarities with  what I saw and what other people claimed to see is too remarkable to be
mere coincidence.”  
Alaska's  Boreal Sasquatch & Marked Hominid  Authority since 2005.
FILE 2011/01/S: Three Black Creatures Observed by Family
by date or location: